Director Risk & Operations
About Chatham Financial
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit : chathamfinancial.com
We are growing very quickly and are now seeking a Risk & Operations Director to lead our Netherlands operations through the next phase of growth.
In this role you will
- Establish, implement and maintain adequate and proportionate risk management policies and procedures, arrangements and mechanisms which identify, measure, manage and monitor the risks relating to Chatham’s activities, processes and systems
- Monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of Chatham’s risk policies and procedures, and the level of compliance by directors, officers and employees
- Provide written reports and advice to senior management and other relevant stakeholders indicating whether appropriate remedial measures have been taken in the event of any deficiencies in policies, procedures, arrangements, processes and mechanisms
- Establish, implement and maintain an audit plan to examine and evaluate the adequacy and effective of Chatham’s internal control mechanisms and arrangements
- Issue recommendations based on the results of audit assessments carried out and verify compliance with recommendations
- Oversee operational risk investigations including, where necessary, directly leading and completing such investigations end-to-end
Strategic and Operational Leadership
- Provide leadership and input for all strategic plans and implementation processes across various client groups including but not limited to Global Real Estate, Private Equity & Infrastructure, Corporates, Insurance and Financial Institutions.
- Identify best practices and improves internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities. Aligns operational models as appropriate, for greater cost and operational efficiency
- Ensure effective co-ordination and communication across all advisory functions
- Manage and cultivate relationships with key external stakeholders to secure and expand strategic opportunities and recurring revenue streams
- Acts as a statesperson publicly representing the Company to external constituency groups including joint venture partners, regulators, governmental, and other private organizations
Contributors to your success:
The successful candidate will drive setting up operations in Netherlands and ensuring effective risk management of the business. You will become quickly involved in developing operational strategy with budgeting, staff projections and growth support. You will also be accountable for overall service delivery.
- 8 years minimum of proven professional experience in risk management leadership with a regulatory background in Netherlands
- Experience in risk management, risk assessment or internal audit function from either a Big 4 consulting firm or experience in an operations function from an Asset Management or Fund Management field
- Experience in financial risk, derivates or hedging is an added advantage
- Leadership experience running operations in a growth stage environment – Ability to influence, adapt, and lead through ambiguity and change in a dynamic growth environment
- Stakeholder management, building relationships with ability to collaborate and consult with business partners, internal and external subject matter experts, and business leaders
- Experience in leading and working within cross-functional initiatives.
- Outstanding commercial acumen and interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to major strategic decisions on an on-going basis (growth strategies, diversification, etc.
- Proficient in Dutch and English Language
What we offer
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you’ve been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
PROCEDURE AND information
Chatham Financial is guided in this procedure by Josephine van der Vossen, Partner at Partners at Work and Jacques Craenen, Partner at Escalier. They will conduct the search and the first interviews with potential candidates. Subsequently, the best suitable candidates are assigned to Chatham. Based on this, a few candidates are invited for the sequel.
- The application process includes screening.
- The application process for this vacancy can include an individual assessment
If you are interested in this job, upload your CV and motivation via email@example.com
For more information please contact Jacques Craenen or Jeroen Schuur via 035 – 694 29 67.